Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wilo Tree Wednesday: What's New - Retro Rabbit Hoops

Hey blog buddy!  I hope the week has been treating you well.  The weather is starting to get a bit cooler down here in Florida. And by cooler I mean 'bout 86 degrees.  But I shall take it!  I do miss the leaves changing colors though. The leaves changing color rocks. Anyways, I'm so excited to share with you a new set of rabbit hoops. I've been really inspired by some of the work that fellow Etsians have been creating, especially those that are using retro-style fabrics. So I went to my favorite place (JoAnne Fabrics) and bought some new threads. Usually I'll go for whatever suits my fancy but this past visit was fun because I found myself looking for fabrics that reminded me of what I used to see around my grandmother's house when I was little. Maybe it's the "Fall-like" weather down here, but these last few hoops made me really nostalgic. I hope that maybe they stir up a few memories of your childhood too, ya know the ones where you're sitting on the living room floor with a bowl of Sugar Smacks watching the Care Bears? Ok, maybe that was just me.





2 comments:

  1. These are cute. I really like the fabric on the bear hoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Julie! Yeah, that's one of my favorites too :)

    ReplyDelete