Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Experiments in Screen Printing

Well, I'm super excited blog buddy. My Etsy shop is growing! I've had about 13 sales, which is awesome, and my inventory total is just about to hit the 40 item mark! More importantly, I feel like I'm getting the hang of things. I can tag and title pretty well now and have been catching on about how to take pictures of my products (thanks to the hubby for introducing me to the exposure setting button).   

So leave it to me to rattle the cage when things start to settle and get comfortable. These last few days I've been experimenting with screen printing! It's been fun and challenging - mystifying and all-out frustrating. In college I majored in art education so I had to take a course in just about everything - printmaking included. But for some reason I don't remember ever being taught the process of screen printing.  And to this day it seems like a magical process to me.  One moment you have a blank screen and somehow through a certain process your image appears - wah lah! Well, looking into it, it can be a bit pricey just to experiment. But lo and behold, I went onto You Tube and found a video titled "Poor man's screen printing process" Uh - perfect!

Here's a little sneak peek at my try-outs...





I'm not sure which owlie I like better - the one with a patterned background or the one on a plain background. Which one do you like?

Stay tuned for finished products!


3 comments:

  1. I like the plain background better because the little pops of color on the head are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the advice - it seems like everyone is liking that one better!

    ReplyDelete