Friday, July 5, 2013

A Walk in the Park

Windsor is a lucky dog. He gets lots of belly rubs, delicious treats and two regular walks a day. Usually our walks involve a quick jaunt to the mailbox or a nice stroll on the path around the lake.  But every now and then, Windsy gets tired of sniffing the small ol' blades of grass. So once a week we head out to Puryear Park. I almost get nervous writing the name of the park here in my blog for fear that everyone will now want to walk their dogs there. I think it's one of the best kept secrets in our local area. Puryear park is not so much a park as a huge grassy area of about 5 soccer fields. There are also a few tennis courts, a playground and a nice pathway that leads around the entire space. It's on this pathway that we take our weekly adventure. And except for the occasional Saturday when everyone and their mother comes out to play soccer, we have the place entirely to ourselves. It. Is. Heaven. It's quiet, it's pretty and if you're a bird lover then you gotta check it out!  Unfortunately, the birds were all a little too fast this morning and I couldn't capture them in a photo but I did get a chance to snap these pictures...   



These trees are my absolute favorite. I think they're some sort of pine tree. Someday I'll have a bed made solely from the needles of these trees.


Windsor says, "Dude. Stop taking pictures and let's go. I gots grass to sniff."

Even the manhole covers in Florida are pretty.

Here's a little ramp to drop your kayak or canoe into. I always get nervous near here, picturing alligators lurking silently inches beneath the surface of the water. 

Groovy Palm Trees

Where's your favorite place to walk your dog?

2 comments:

  1. I love that Florida has a lot of little parks. My pooch is old and decrepit and can only walk a block or two so we don't wander many parks together. I do like to Eagle Lake Park in Largo though. It has lots of trails and wildlife. In the cooler months I walk it at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh good to know - Thanks Julie - I'll have to check that one out :)

    ReplyDelete